Friday, September 23, 2011

Have changed fuel filter on my t350 transit but tuning over on the key but wont start?

it is rwd do you have to bleed anything my friend surgested using damp start but i think you cant use that on these later vehicles please help
Have changed fuel filter on my t350 transit but tuning over on the key but wont start?
As a general principle with all diesels you should bleed the system after changing the fuel filter.(even if it is self bleeding-takes a lot out of the battery to fill an empty filter)
Check if fuel pump is still working.
yes you have to bleed the fuel system, there is a bleed screw on the filter housing and a pump
had the same bother with a ford car. u may have to manually pump the fuel to the engine to fill the filter, the hand book will tell you how to do this as it differs between engines, there is a pump built into the fuel system for this sort of thing.
you have to bleed the air out of the fuel lines. turn the key on and push the little schrader valve on the fuel rail to bleed it.
You should have filled the filter with fuel when you fitted it, this saves you cranking the engine for a long time. Take it off again, fill it and it should start fairly quickly. Most later fuel systems are self bleeding earlier systems needed the injector pipes loosened off to release the air when rotary/dpa pumps were fitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment