Friday, September 23, 2011

New question about my 96 ranger 4.0L V6 and changing the fuel filter.?

I hit the fuel shutoff,tried to crank engine like I was told. I'm mechanically challenged just so you know, but I was under vehicle attempting to pull the hose off the old filter and gas started pouring out. Is this normal, and how much should I expect to come out?
New question about my 96 ranger 4.0L V6 and changing the fuel filter.?
Yes, gas will and should come out of the line....the purpose of the procedure you describe is relieve the pressure in the system (it is under 40+ pounds of pressure in normal operation), however there will still be gas in the line. On average you will typically get about 12 to 16oz out of the system (including whats in the filter) when you disconnect the filter.



When you get the filter replaced, cycle the key 5 or 6 times so the pump can re-prime the system. You should be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment