Friday, September 23, 2011

What is the fair price to change my fuel filter?

I will buy a fuel filter for my Honda Accord 88 (Carbureted) and my friend is asking $50 to install it. Is that the fair price? Where is the fuel filter located? Do I need a professional to do that? Can I just do it?
What is the fair price to change my fuel filter?
Thats a little high for a friend job. But I do agree with R1, Your vehicle has a primary and secondary filter and you should change both of them. I think the 3rd filter would be the one inside the fuel tank. The primary is in the rear of the car mounted in a bracket at the corner of the fuel tank and the secondary one is in the fuel line near the Carb.
What is the fair price to change my fuel filter?
THIS IS A SIMPLE THING TO DO JUST TELL YOUR FRIEND THAT U CAN DO IT YOUR SELF ALL U NEED IS A WRENCH THAT FITS THE FILTER THAT IS LOCATED RIGHT BELOW THE CARBURATER AND IT LOOKS LIKE A STEEL CYLINDER THAT GOES RIGHT INTO THE CARB ALL U DO IS LOOSEN THE LINE FITTING AT BOTH ENDS AND ONE END AT CARB AND ONE END AT LINE THAT GOES INTO IT AND REMOVE IT AND REPLACE IT WITH THE NEW ONE BE SURE THAT THE FLOW IS GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION OR U WILL NOT GET THE ENGINE T0O START IT SOULD SHOW AN ARROW ON IT...GOOD LUCK AND NO HE IS TRYING TO RIP U OFF DONT GO THAT WAY
Your Honda has 3 fuel filters. It would be fair if all three are done.
the fuel filter is right under your car and you can do it yourself, just get some tools to get to work...
If you don't know where your fuel filter is then any price is a fair price. your paying for your own ignorance
Well any were from 30-50 dollars, I'd say.
go pro.....88 the fuel lines are kinda old and there could be problems and then additional parts may need to be replaced.
Just do it yourself. Save $50!
$25-$30 is a fair price

No comments:

Post a Comment