Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Where can I purchase a 1/4" fuel filter disconnector?

I need to change my fuel filter for a 2004 Toyota Corolla and can not find the tool to take it off. I have asked at different shops and looked online.

I wonder if I am using the correct term.

Is it called a fuel dis-connector, fuel wrench, fuel filter clamp?

The mechanic I go to does not even know where to get one.

I do not want to go to the dealership because they want to run tests on it before changing it and I just need it changed.
Where can I purchase a 1/4%26quot; fuel filter disconnector?
In these cars Toyota people have switched to metric, so this 1/4%26quot; is not applicable any more. You should look for a socket in metric or a long metric spanner. Before undoing it just spray WD40 on the nut bolt which will help a lot to take any rust away. Make sure that engine is cold, just place few rags underneath the fuel line as you will have some petrol coming out with pressure which can be absorbed in these rags rather than spilling over hot engine hence avoiding a serious mishap. Discard the old filter and fixing the new one is just the reversal of the procedure.
Where can I purchase a 1/4%26quot; fuel filter disconnector?
Amazon.com Ebay or a Toyota dealer or maybe even Lexus.

No comments:

Post a Comment