Friday, September 23, 2011

I have changed my fuel filter and the car still wont start. what's next?

Pretty sure there is moisture in the line. added antifreeze and changed my fuel filter. still wont start. what could possibly be next?
I have changed my fuel filter and the car still wont start. what's next?
%26quot;Pretty sure?%26quot;

You are going to have to determine if the no start is a mechanical, fuel or ignition problem. I would start by checking the fuel pressure and spark.
I have changed my fuel filter and the car still wont start. what's next?
It's a Xterra, 02. I was pretty sure only because I was on the road, just filled up the tank when this happened. I did a little research online and found out that on the 01-03 xterra's there was a recall on the fuel sender above the fuel pump. Nissan fixed it for free. Thanks for input.

Report Abuse


Check the fuel pump. if you hear a sound when you turn your ignition switch to on, your fuel pump is working. if you hear nothing. it is not. now, you have to find out why it is not working. When you are fairly sure the fuel pump is working and fuel is reaching the Fuel injection Unit or carb. (you did not mention what kind of car you have. ) As Leeann mentioned, check for spark at the spark plugs. No sprak , no dice of it starting. Check the coils, timing belt or chain, distributor coil etc. until you do have spark. You can check the spark by removing a spark plug, and with gloves on put the plug at the end of the wire. now, place the thread of the spark plug against a metal ground. the spark plug should have a blue spark. If it does not. Do as mentioned above. check coils, distributor if equipped, etc.
Shoot in some starting fluid. May help get air out of the line.
  • How do i make a quilt
  • get time from datetime
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment