Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Changing the fuel filter on a 97 Honda Accord?

I want to change the fuel filter on my wife's 97 Accord (yes it has three wheels in the grave).



When I changed the ff on my Ford Escape, I was told to take pressure off the fuel system by turning on the engine then pulling the fuse for the fuel pump until the engine sputters out.



Can I do the same thing on the Accord? This site (http://www.answerbag.com/question_accord鈥?/a> said to just loosen the bolts slowly until the pressure's off. Is that acceptable? Won't gas spray all over me and the engine?
Changing the fuel filter on a 97 Honda Accord?
Remove the gas cap. Then there is a banjo bolt on the far right side of the fuel rail. Loosen it, you'll need 2 wrenches to keep the base from turning. Here's some more info on changing the filter, its no fun. http://www.freewebs.com/hondadude/95Accf鈥?/a>
Changing the fuel filter on a 97 Honda Accord?
There is about 35 psi on the fuel lines.There may be a bleed schrader valve at the end of fuel rail for pressure relief.I assume you know where the filter is on that model.Under brake booster assy against firewall.A bear to get to with out %26quot;Crowfoot%26quot;attachment for your 3/8 drive set.Try soaking fittings with solvent before cranking on them.A twisted or kinked fuel line will ruin your whole day.Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment