Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Where is the fuel filter on a 1996 buick century located?

my car just died wont start, been having fuel problems lately i think its a fuel pump, but want to change the fuel filter first. then may have to change the pump. is that hard to do? do you have to drop the tank?

i ha vent crawled under the car yet its snowing and 30 degrees and wet out there just doing my home work first....thanks jerry
Where is the fuel filter on a 1996 buick century located?
For some reason, Mike and I seem to disagree... When I replaced my fuel filter, it was under the car, near the rear wheel on the PASSENGER side! Although, my Century is a station wagon....



I've had my fuel pump replaced before, at a shop, to the tune of about $500. The tank has to be dropped to do it, but I'm not sure how. You can listen to see if the fuel pump is working by turning the key to the ON position, without starting the car. The fuel pump should power on for about two seconds and turn off, and if you listen carefully, you should be able to hear the motor whine from under the car.
Where is the fuel filter on a 1996 buick century located?
you don't drop the tank. you do have to get under the car and it's not hard to do. get a great grade.
its mounted on the inside frame rail before the rear tire on the drivers side.
  • hair dryer
  • graphics animation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment