Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How to change fuel filter on a 95 Nissan maxima.?

That filter is very difficult to change (I've changed 3). It is located on the driver's side of the firewall, sort of under the master cylinder.



Here's what I did; I took off the fuel line where it attaches to the engine - and left the other end of the line attached to the top of the filter (the clamp on the filter is very difficult to get to). Next I took the filter out of it's clamp (it just pops out), and bent it over at a 90 degree angle so that I could get a screwdriver on the bottom clamp. After I loosened that clamp, I used the screwdriver and some long pliers to slowly pry off the hose from the bottom of the filter (try not to damage the hose) - that's the hardest part and takes the longest.



When you re-install, be sure to put the hose and the clamp on the top of the new filter before you install it. Push the filter into the bottom hose, then bend it over at a 90 degree angle to tighten the clamp. Pop the filter back into it's bracket, and connect the top hose to the engine, then check for leaks - especially at the bottom of the filter where you had to bend the hose at a 90 degree angle. You can reach down under the filter to feel for leaks - you really can't see the bottom after installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment