Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm trying to change the Fuel filter on my 1999 pontiac sunfire?

There is a little cup with clips on either side holding my fuel filter in. My manual said to squeeze the clips while pushing the filter in, then pull the filter out. When I squeezed the clips, they broke. How do I remove my fuel filter now and do I need those clips for the new filter to be held in properly?
I'm trying to change the Fuel filter on my 1999 pontiac sunfire?
you probably did it as the manual suggested, but they still broke. The plastic they make these clips out of isn't very good quality. Depending on the filter you buy to replace the old one, it should come with clips that you can use as a replacement. I know from experience that Fram and Puralator filters both do. The best way to get the old filter out is to take a small screwdriver and carefully, without doing any more damage to the cup, finish prying out the old clip and slide the filter out. The new one that comes with the filter should work just fine to hold the filter in. Hope this helps!
I'm trying to change the Fuel filter on my 1999 pontiac sunfire?
you need a new filter
You will have to buy the special tool for that will release the plastic clip.
yes you need those clips, thats what holds the fuel filter to the frame. get plastic electrical wire ties to wire to the frame
I just squeeze the 2 clips together with a pair on needle nose pliers and pull it off, the new filter will have a new clip with it.
  • com and interop
  • break up with girlfriend
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment