Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I changed my fuel filter...?

I own a 2004 Hyundai Accent. I need to know in details where the fuel filter is located, the tools I need, and how to change it.
How do I changed my fuel filter...?
For that car, it is likely in the fuel tank...they intend them to last the %26quot;life of the car%26quot;, but many times don't. If it is plugged, I would suggest having a pro do the job...
How do I changed my fuel filter...?
Fuel filter? Do you mean OIL filter? your fuel filter shouldn't go bad on a 2004 model. Still under warranty?
Nope. Don't touch it unless you are a mechanic or engineer. You're going to end up killing yourself. I don't care if you're short on money. This is not something you touch if you're not mechanically inclined.
I cannot verify currently the location of your fuel filter. It will be in 1 of 3 places. If it is in the engine bay It will look like a small can with a line going in top under a bolt and a line coming from the bottom going to the Fuel rail. If it is under the car it will be a small can with a hose hose clamped to each end. and if its in the tank its rather hard to change but I will tell you just to answer your question. I suggest having a mechanic friend or pro handle it if its there. To take it out of the tank, You will most likely need to depressurize the system by removing the efi relay under hood and run the engine until it dies on its own. then try to start it a few times. then disconnect the battery. in the trunk under the carpet and maybe spare tire there will be a small panel held in place by some bolts/screws. undo them and underneath is your fuel tank, there will be a circle with connectors coming out the top. you will have to unbolt it and lift out the fuel pump assembly. In the assembly will be the filter, the pump, and most likely the fuel level sender with float. Sometimes you have to replace it as a unit I am not sure on your car. If you don't you can replace the filter if you do You will have to buy a new unit at a store and swap the fuel lines onto it and electrical connections etc. For tools you will need sockets ( My guess would be metric around a 17 but not sure ) a flathead if you need to take off the hose clamps, and 10s or 12mm socket for the panel and tank cover in trunk. If you have to take off the lines to the fuel pump you will need a fuel line clamp and A lot of luck. I personally wouldn't mess with it unless you HAVE to. Any questions Ill be around. Oh and if they are in the engine or under the car depressurize the system and simply unbolt/unclamp them, and replace the way they came out. Make sure flow is correct way. -mike.





P.S. After searching it looks like the fuel filter Might be the under the chasis kind. Look something like this :http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Hyundai/Accent/Hastings/Fuel_Filter/2004/HAGF346.html?tlc=Engine+%26+Drivetrain , do depressureize the system and find it.
  • dual boot laptop
  • >windows update
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment