Thursday, October 6, 2011

Changing my fuel filter on a '02 GTI 1.8t?

Is it located in the gas tank? What is the best way to get at it?

What kind of filter? Will napa or Autozone know just one to use? All fule filter are pretty much the same right?

Any special tools?
Changing my fuel filter on a '02 GTI 1.8t?
It's located behind the right rear wheel housing liner. I have seen one briefly and it looks like it had quick disconnects that you squeeze in the plastic pieces and pull the lines off. I couldn't see both sides of it though, but I'm sure you will figure it out once you see it. I think a NAPA or Autozone filter, provided they carry it, should work fine. I can usually tell by the labor time approx. how difficult it is. I think it pays 0.4 so it can't be that bad.
Changing my fuel filter on a '02 GTI 1.8t?
changing your fuel filter are sample, you can do it in your driver you may need small can or pan when you get ready to unhook you fuel line to fuel filter it just small amount of fuel come off the line.make sure to take the battery cable out, jack your car up and follow your fuel line from your fuel tank should be at the sub frame around your driver side door. you only need a screw driver and socket wrench to take the bracket out. Auto Zone or NAPA should have the parts you need or get repair manual to get a better idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment