Friday, June 3, 2011

Need advice of changing Fuel Filter.?

I have an 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix and I try to change my Fuel Filter. I can not get it loose, because it%26#039;s stuck and full of rust. I don%26#039;t want to break the Fuel line. I tried DW3 and even PB Blaster what I got recommended at Auto Zone, but I still can get it off. Any advice or help??? Thanks a lot.|||I ran into that problem one time and I just cut it off and then got 2 small pieces of gas line hose and put the new filter on with clamps.|||pay someone now before you brake it and pay someone more later|||I say just break it, If the pb blaster didn%26#039;t work through the rust then its ready to be torn off. its not hard to fix a broken fuel line, you may have been better off and I%26#039;m sure it would have been cheaper than that PB Blaster just to have fixed it|||yea it can be a pain if the filter has been neglected....if you are laying on the ground i would give up at this point..and if you are not using a proper flare wrench expect some cut knuckles... best left to a shop.. pay the price and go on to the next deal....DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY REPLY THAT SAYS HEAT THE FITTING WITH A TORCH !!!!!|||go to the parts store see if thay have a repair kit if thay do cut it off

No comments:

Post a Comment